The Tri-Town Assessing Staff provides professional and technical services to the three-member towns including Sunapee, New London and Newbury. The Department is responsible for discovering, identifying, and valuing all real estate within town boundaries. The Department provides real estate data including property record cards, maps (hard copy or GIS), specialized reports, ownership information, explanation of the assessment process, and various other information services. The Department manages an assessment roll of about 8,377 parcels totaling almost three billion dollars in property value.
- Maintain fair and equitable assessments. Provide a high level of customer service.
- Perform assessment function within budget.
- Comply with State Standards, Laws and Rules.
- Conduct town business in an ethical manner.
- Address abatement requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Adequately defend assessments.
- Provide statutorily required reports in a timely manner.
- Value property on an annual basis.
- Process property ownership changes.
- Expand staff knowledge base in the appraisal/assessment field.
- Assist other town departments with vital data and analysis.
- Provide digital information, via the Internet, including assessment data.
- Ensure that the taxpayer is well informed.
- Provide the best possible assessing program in an efficient and cost effective manner.
|Kristen M. McAllister||Assessor||(603) 763-4940 ext. 212|
|Kristen M. McAllister||Assessor’s Office|